When you think or talk about the purposes of kayaking, one of the images that comes into your mind instantly is your precious moments of angling with your favorite kayak. Fishing is a major purpose of kayaking for many people. Kayak fishing with friend and dear ones always add extra fun and recreation. It enables you to gather some cherishable memories with them if and only if your kayak is the appropriate for fishing and riding on the waters where you fish. For this purpose you have no way to depend on the regular kayaks.
There are lots of kayaks purpose built for angling with one and more than one kayakers on board. However, amidst all these fishing kayaks finding the best and most suitable tandem fishing kayaks is not an easy task. For kayakers who want to fish in group or at least with their pal on board, tandem kayaks,that is, two seater kayaks are manufactured by all the kayak manufacturers. In this review article, our experts have brought to you five of the most popular and best tandem fishing kayaks for you after their months long research, experiment and a wide range of field tests.
Know About Tandem Fishing Kayak:
A Tandem fishing kayak is:
- A kayak that allows more than one person arrangement on it with fishing tools.
- Pedaling and paddling; it can be run both ways.
- Made from durable material to prevent punctures from hooks and other fishing equipment
- The best choice for angling.
- Runs much faster than the single kayaks.
- Designed for rough water particularly.
- Both sit in and sit on choice.
Why You Should Buy A Tandem Fishing Kayak:
- The best choice for couple outing on water.
- It gives thrilling experience on rough water surface.
- It generates extra force as it can be run by both paddle and pedal simultaneously.
- Its seats are very comfortable and adjustable that every height of people can seat.
- It is available in various designs, sizes, colors, maneuvers.
How Do We Choose The Best Tandem Fishing Kayaks For You?
Sit in Kayak (SIK) and Sit on Top Kayaks (SOK) are the two available cockpit design in tandem fishing kayaks. Our experts test both sit-in-kayak or sit-on-kayak system to find out the bests for angling purpose.. Most fishermen prefer sit on top kayaks especially while fishing in rough waters. These are naturally safer, since they can roll over without filling with water.
Sit on top kayaks provides the fishermen much space to move around or even throw a leg over the side for stability when dealing with a fish. Sit-inside kayaks are preferable for regularly slowing water. A sit in kayak also provide a drier ride than a sit on top kayak.
Generally it is assumed that the longer the kayak is the easier to cover more distance. The problem is to carry the big kayak to the water but a reasonable length is good.
Generally wider tandem fishing kayaks are more stable and can support more capacity.
Our designated experts have studied the cost effectiveness so that the kayaks can provide maximum support with as minimum cost as possible.
The Best Five Tandem Fishing Kayaks:
It is the ultimate tandem fishing kayak. Its unique tunnel hull design enables the kayaker to stand up and fish smoothly, or to sit side-saddle without the fear of capsizing the kayak. It can carry up to three persons and it provides comfortable and balanced seating for alone, dual or family fun. As there are scupper holes and many footrest positions with molded carry handles, this kayak is safer for multiple passengers, easily transportable and spacious.
It also has two padded backrests, fishing rod holders, a massive 6 feet storage hatch, and also two double-sided paddles. An extra accessory stand provides you the opportunity to add a rudder or and install an electric motor to the kayak which can give additional speed. Online markets offers this amazing tandem fishing kayak at $548 with no shipping charge. For more information, we suggest you visit the manufacturer’s website.
You can also watch a video to see its illustrative review.
- Intelligently shaped hull design offers an excellent base to stand up on.
- Highly versatile.
- Adequate space for multiple anglers.
- Adequate support enables kayakers to sit while fishing without the mental stress to worry about tipping the kayak.
- Sufficient water-tight compartments for storing things.
- A good choice for the beginners.
- A fishing motor can be added for the rare occasions when paddling is a bit painstaking.
- Intuitive design perks such as a raised seat to keep people dry when paddling.
- Drainage plugs are easy to reach.
- The bottom of the seats are not cushioned
- Less speedy.
- Does not have a rudder.
- Single carrying handle.
It is one of the first tandem sit-on-tops specifically set up for kayak fishing. It has great stability with more than 450 lbs. storage capacity and is a great choice for two anglers and their gear. It is perfect for coaching or to provide training about kayak fishing. It is a popular choice for hire and tour operators. It delivers excellent tracking and maneuverability. Its retail price is $1099.99 can be purchased from the manufacturer’s website.
You can watch this video to see how it works on seawater.
- Paddle holders are tricky to use if your hands are wet.
- Difficult to put on car top as it is heavier than many kayaks
It is the best tandem fishing kayak if you are an amateur angler or kayaker. It’s spacious hull and sturdy body has ensured that it’s almost unsinkable and completely resistant to leakage. Sharp sticks, rocks, torrential rapids and treacherous ocean waves can do no harm to this ultra stable, rigid body kayak. It is a good choice for wandering, fishing, camping and relaxing hours on lake, river or placid salt water.
It contains a self-bailing drain valve which enables the kayak to unload water very easily if somehow water gets into it. It is affordable, strong and multipurpose enough to be used in various situations. All though it can deal with some placid sea water and surf, but it is best suited for mainly flat water kayaking or calm rivers. You can buy it from global online markets at $267.73 with no shipping charge at all. You can also learn more about it from the manufacturer’s website.
You may watch the video to see how it goes on water.
- Tracking is not so great due to overtly spacious hull design.
- Susceptible to blowing in the stormy wind due to its lightweight.
It is entirely a unique tandem fishing kayak. It has the innovative Auto Trim Hull (ATH) feature; it performs well when paddled alone. The function of ATH is to resist the bow from popping up if someone seats alone in the stern seat. You can remove the front seat completely if you want to make it a perfect place for your pet to have a ride along with you.
You can also keep your fishing equipment there and have easy access to them. It is a great option for the outdoors family looking for a versatile craft. It can be purchased by $899.99 from the purchase page of the manufacturer’s official website.
This video can introduce you with this tandem kayak visually.
- State of the art removable front seat for single paddling and simultaneously allows simple access to the storage.
- Automatic trim hull stays the bow down if paddling solo from stern seat.
- Takes account of six cannon rise receivers, two cannon rod holder as well as molded cup holders.
- Stable in uneven and rough water.
- It doesn’t have stern drain plug.
- Very limited storage when run in tandem mode.
- No front or rear hatch.
|Comparing Factor||Malibu Two XL Angler Tandem Fishing Kayak||Sea Eagle 330||Twin Heron Angler||Lifetime Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak|
|Length||4.1 m||340 cm * 86 cm||4.1 m||304.8 cm|
|Width||86.4 cm||61 cm * 41 cm||80 cm||91.4 cm|
|Weight||30.4 kg||12 kg||28.1 kg||27 kg|
|Capacity||500 lbs||500 lbs||500 lbs||500 lbs|
After months of research, field study and scrutinizing the research output, our experts have selected these 5 best tandem fishing kayaks for you. When you opt for purchasing a tandem fishing kayak, read our review, calculate your budget, decide your choice and then purchase the most suitable tandem fishing kayak for you. All of these are good with their unique features and performance; nevertheless it’s your purpose, affordability and the kayak’s features will decide which is the best for you and we are pretty sure that the best for you is within these five most sought after tandem fishing kayaks of the world.